Providing the best customer experience rely on the entire company. It is not the sole job of the Customer Service Department. It’s all hands on deck. Customer service is a team effort from the top executives to the store’s sales clerk.
Can you think of your most recent positive customer experience? Think of the last places you went to: the bank, grocery store, doctor’s office, the pet supply store, government office, restaurant, airport, hotels, salon, and many others. How was your experience with everyone in the company or the institution? Were you not exasperated by the poor service?
According to a study of 105,000 US Consumer Institutions, there was a drop of 39% in company sales after one bad customer experience. ONE. Imagine the impact it has on the company. This dissatisfied customer will share their experience with their friends who will pass it on. Twenty-one percent (21%) will post on Facebook, 14% will post on review sites, and 10% will use Twitter.
Here are some of the most common complaints:
- Rude behavior and lack of manners
- Long queuing
- Lack of knowledge of the product, policy, or service
- Poor after sales service
- Unresponsive to online complaints and inquiries
- Not resolving a complaint
However, the Tempkin Group says that customer experience is not dependent on customer satisfaction. Customer experience starts with the real asset–the employee. An engaged employee will more likely do three things for the company. They will:
- more likely be willing to work late
- more likely do good
- more likely improve
How can companies develop customer service leaders who are engaged employees?
- Reinstate the company’s mission and vision to the employees. Do your employees know the mission and vision of the company? Are they aware of the purpose and future plans of the company? And what is the role of each executive, employee, and the entire team in fulfilling the mission and vision? When employees work with a higher purpose in mind, they will be more intentional in their actions. They will align their personal mission and vision with that of the company’s. Customer service is not the job of the Customer service Department. It’s everyone’s job.
- Invest in your employees. The company will not run without a competent leader impacting each department. Support all leaders by providing leadership training that focuses on changing the employees’ perspective and attitude towards work. Radiance Image Consultancy‘s expertise is training top-level executives, managers, and employees with the cutting edge tools in creating Executive Presence.
Executive presence is the totality of the individual. This includes a professional image, branding, body language, and etiquette. When your employees complete the training, they will gain new confidence. They will also be better equipped in providing excellent service to customers.
How can executive presence improve customer experience?
Here are some ways your employees can start improving customer experience:
- Practice the Platinum Rule. “Treat others the way you want to be treated.”
- Smile and engage the customer with sincerity.
- Practice good manners.
- Pay attention to what the customers are saying. Listen to their emotions and be responsive.
- Keep the tone friendly even on a bad day.
- Think before you speak.
- Be honest if the customer’s problem cannot be addressed. Under-promise but over-deliver as much as possible.
- Do follow up when a problem is resolved.
When employees have mastered their executive presence, it will affect their performance. They will not allow themselves to be sloppy at work. They will continue to improve and inspire others to do the same. Their mindset has changed from “What can I get from the company” to “What can I give the company.” In the end, a well-trained employee will provide excellent customer experience resulting in an overall boost of revenues for the company. Customers are the beneficiaries of happy and contented employees.
Motivate your employees today! Book an appointment with a Motivational Keynote Speaker, Corporate Trainer, and Image Strategist through Radiance Image Consultancy. Your organization will boost customer experience, increase productivity, and empower leaders through our services. We offer various training programs which include Executive Presence and Leadership Branding Masterclass, Professional Image Development Program, and other Personal Development Programs. Get in touch with Radiance Image for your corporate programs, keynote talks, and short workshops.
Be extraordinary, inside out.